In 2020, e-commerce grew 44% from the previous year. So, while setting up an e-commerce store to sell products to your patients and potential patients has many benefits, you may initially be deterred if you think the process is too complicated. For example, you may be worried you don’t have enough time to get everything started or enough energy to maintain the inventory, and so on.
With AuDSEO, you can rest assured that the entire process will be smooth and mostly stress-free. With just a little work on your end, in the beginning, you will have your e-commerce store up and running in no time and begin to reap the rewards.
Setting Up Your E-Commerce Store
Once you decide you want to start selling your products on your website, your AuDSEO project manager will guide you through the needed steps to get the store up and running.
- First, you will need to determine if you want to maintain your product inventory and package and ship the products yourself.
- If you prefer to use a fulfillment company to brand and ship your products for you, you’ll need to set up an account with the company of your choosing and work with them to determine which products you want to sell, the prices, and the cost of shipping. AuDSEO works with several companies and can help you with your decision.
- Your e-commerce store includes integrating a PayPal portal to accept payments. You will simply need to set up a PayPal account (or another similar platform).
- Is your site made in WordPress? If so, it is best to integrate the store directly into your site. It’s good for SEO, and it keeps your website visitors on your site. If you do not have a WordPress site, AuDSEO can still set up a store for you using another platform like Shopify.
Whether you will be working with a fulfillment center or shipping products directly from your office, you will need to supply AuDSEO with a list of products and descriptions, prices, shipping costs, and product photos. Your AuDSEO project manager will provide you with a simple spreadsheet and will be available to assist you with this step.
Once the inventory list is complete, the AuDSEO web development team will begin creating your e-commerce store, and within a few weeks, you will be able to sell your products 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Tips for Boosting Your Sales
To help make your e-commerce store successful, you will want to do some marketing to your existing patients, as well as potential patients. Below are a few tactics you could use to help get the word out.
- Post about your new store on your social media channels.
- Create a blog post on your site and share it in an email or on your social media accounts.
- Pay for online advertising such as Google or Facebook ads.
- Hand out flyers at your reception desk.
- Talk to your patients about it during an appointment.
As you can see, with a few initial steps on your part, the majority of the work in setting up an e-commerce store and selling and shipping products is taken care of by AuDSEO and the fulfillment center. Unless, of course, you have decided to maintain and ship the products yourself!
If you would like to get an e-commerce store set up on your website, contact us today for a free consultation.